Wednesday 28 August 2013

2 out of 5 ain't bad

This morning we ascended the five Tyrley locks, south of Market Drayton and met the following:
- an American lady who decided to fill the empty lock which I was approaching because she thought I had stopped (in the middle of a lock pound!)
- a Welsh family who had to be restrained from opening the paddles at both ends of the lock I was in
- a lady who decided to pull out from the queue of boats waiting for the lock I was leaving and head straight for me.  Apparently her dog was annoying her and this manoeuvre was to prevent said hound from jumping ashore.
- two normal boaters who operated the locks without problem
To paraphrase the Meat  Loaf song - 2 out of 5 ain't bad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be removed if considered inappropriate